Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nathalia Melo blogs about her Top 8 Motivational Tips and Pick-Me-Ups!

April 2011 FitnessRx cover model and IFBB Bikini Pro Nathalia Melo blogs about her Top 8 Motivational Tips and Pick Me Ups!
My Top 8 Motivational Tips and Pick-Me-Ups!
by Nathalia Melo
Often times I'm asked what are the things that keep me motivated. So I'm going to share with you, once and for all, my Top 8 motivational tips. Without further ado here they are:nathalia-per-photo

1-‘’Get in your car and GO!!’’ This might sound stupid, but most of the time it is just a matter of getting there. Once I get to the gym there’s no way I am turning around and leaving without doing what I have to do. On top of that, seeing everyone else at the gym working hard gives me an extra push because if they can do it I can too!

2-‘’The quote lady’’ I LOOOVE quotes and they definitely keep me motivated. I write them all over my bathroom mirror with lipstick that way I'm reminded of all the great motivational quotes I love every single time I look in the mirror. This is also a great place to put reminders. The only con of this fun technique is that taking off the lipstick from the mirror isn’t as fun as writing them. Lol!

3- ‘’Think how hard you have been working on your Bikini body before devouring that whole box of cookies, and vice-versa.’’ Sometimes I think that I would kick my own bootie if I could!! LOL…Just to think about jeopardizing all those infinite hours on the treadmill for the 2 minutes of "cookie happiness’’ …hmmm… no thanks, it's just not worth it.

4-‘’A new pair of sneakers, socks, shorts…’’ When I am not ‘’feeling it," I stop by a Sports Authority near by and indulge in some retail therapy. Hitting the gym in new fitness gear makes you feel like a million bucks and makes you want to work that much harder. I feel like it’s when you go to a party, you might have a thousand dresses, but the new dress, the one that makes you look super fab is just going to get you super pumped up to get to the party ASAP. On a budget?? No problem!! Target, TJ Maxx, Ross, they all have brand name workout gear at a much better price too! =)

5- 6- ‘’Find your gym eye candy’’ ATTENTION: for the married and committed ones… Looking isn’t cheating! LOL… j/k. Hot boys to look at while at the gym is motivation for me to get to the gym. Who doesn't like a daily dose of eye candy.

7- ‘’Consider your workout as important as a business meeting you CANNOT miss.’’ By doing this I won’t make excuses to not show up, and even worse I will feel very guilty if I don’t go. I'll even go as far as to schedule my workout in to my day planner. That way there is absolutley no excuses to miss.
8-‘’Who is that hottie?? Oh…wait! THAT’S ME!’’ I keep on thinking how good I am going to feel about myself for being in shape and how much cuter that bikini is going to look on a fit body. I don't know about you, but muffin top is not a good look unless it's in a baking pan.
IFBB Bikini Pro and Nutrex Athlete!
Check out Nathalia's Facebook Fan Page Here

No comments:

Post a Comment